Okay. This is it. I thought to myself. My first ever blog post on my new website. So what should it be about? Hmmmmmm. Decisions decisions. I don’t want it to be too boring or sad so that potential viewers lose interest before My website is even fully up running and functioning. This is kinda stressful…
The last thing I want to do is overthink for this post but first things first, I needed a little recap on what my site is about… What Safiya!!! How don’t you know what your OWN website is about? I know I know it looks bad that I can’t remember what my website is supposed to entail but I got the basis of it covered. After going back to the list of potential domain names, and reading the description of what my website is about, things were a lot less stressful.
So basically, I can talk about anything and everything on here so why not start with one of my favoritest things ever? What is it? You may be wondering. movies. It’s movies. Although I have watched too many to choose a favorite, for my first blog post I’ve decided to share five amazing movies I have watched recently in no specific order. I will be sharing a brief description of the movie, my thoughts, and my overall rating.
- Her- Starring Joaquin Phoenix and Scarlett Johansson, this is a romance/sci-fi film which are two genres I never really see together so it piqued my interest. I have never been that fond of romance movies because they seemed stupid but now that sci-fi was involved, I was enticed. The movie follows a recently divorced man named Theodore who falls in love with an operating system. My initial thought was This guy is kind of a weirdo. Nonetheless, I finished the film and the ending was just everything but expected which I really enjoyed. Overall, the movie was very moving in the emotional aspect and the concept was very interesting for the sole purpose there is no other I have seen like it. Overall, I would give this movie an 8.7/10
- Words On The Bathroom Wall- Fun fact! I actually knew no actors who starred in this film but that did not take away from its greatness. Words On The Bathroom Wall is another romance movie with a splash of drama. Although romance movies weren’t really my cup of tea, I decided to step outside of my comfort zone and I’m glad that I did. I thought the concept of this movie was very interesting and especially the way the plot unraveled. It is about a teenager named Adam who was schizophrenia and is adapting to this new life when it comes to school, relationships, and his passion. Overall, I would give this movie a 8/10
- Creep- For someone who doesn’t get scared by horror movies, I have to say this movie kept me on my toes for the while hour and a half which felt like the longest and shortest ninety minutes of my life. Like I literally felt my heart beating throughout the whole movie and my anxiety levels rising. The movie follows the journey of a man Aaron filming a documentary for a customer named Josef. I watched this movie at like three am in complete darkness. This was when I was starting out my indie movie horror phase and this movie is a great starter. For me, the coolest part about this movie is that the cast only consisted of three people in which one of them wasn’t even shown yet there was so much to the main character and the storyline that no one else was needed. Overall, I would give this movie a 10/10
- His House- His house is another horror film that I really enjoyed which was also an hour and a half. I really enjoyed this movie because it was from a different perspective than being married Sudanese immigrants moving to the US. After escaping a war. I found this more interesting than the basic horror movie because although it was about a haunted house, it was about who’s house it is, why the house was haunted, how they dealt with the situation, and their experience adjusting to America. Overall, I would give this movie an 8.8/10
- Jujutsu Kaisen 0- If I’m being honest. The only thing I can say is that this movie was a 10/10 and one of the best experiences I have had in the theatre. And the best part is, You don’t even have to watch the anime to understand the movie. Jujutsu Kaisen 0 is an anime, fantasy, and action movie that follows a boy named Yuta who gains control over a very cursed and powerful spirit. From then on he is enrolled in Jujutsu Kaisen high school where he learns to hone his abilities. And all I have to say is this movie picked up very fast (in a good way), and was in awe for the whole movie. Like literally my jaw was dropped for at-least 1/4 of it. It was completely amazing and a must-watch for anime fans. Overall, I would give this movie 10/10
Although I could sit here and blog about movies all day, that wouldn’t be ideal for anyone so i’ll keep posting about them in increments of five. Farewell friends. Until next time! 🙂